nav bar

Homepage     Recipes     All About Me     contact me     

Thursday, April 17, 2014

"Cheater" Corn Muffins


Easy muffins to serve with chili, stew or your favorite slow cooker meal! {Sammi Sunshine}
Corn bread/ corn muffins are one of the most frustrating recipes I have ever tried to make. I grew up on "corn bread souffle", a delicious moist cornbread with corn cooked into it. I thought that was what cornbread was, until I tried to make my own! 

There are so many cornbread recipes, and some of them don't even have corn in them! The blasphemy! It was seriously a rude awakening when I tried recipe after recipe, and none of them were as delicious as the cornbread I grew up.

I have a feeling cornbread is one of those recipes that other people have trouble with, and I have come up with a 3 ingredient solution. It all started when one of our local grocery stores had Jiffy cornbread mix on sale for 57cents! I can't stand eating cornbread without corn in it, so I grabbed a can of corn, and got to work.

A few boxes later, I created a simple, delicious and fool- proof corn muffin recipe.

*The more corn you add, the more fragile the muffins will be. If you use more than 1/2 a can, the muffins will fall apart!*

Ingredients(makes 6 large muffins)
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix(plus ingredients listed on back of the box)
1/2 can yellow corn, juices drained
1 tsp honey(optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven according to the Jiffy cornbread box. In a bowl, prepare the Jiffy cornbread mix according to the boxes instructions.

2. Add the corn and the honey. Gently mix into the cornbread mix.

3. Pour into muffin pans. Bake for the amount of time stated on the box.

4. Serve!

It is honestly that simple! They taste like you are a cornbread guru, too. No one will know these muffins are from a box. ;)

Have you ever tried to make cornbread from scratch?

2 comments:

  1. Delicious with hot butter and salt....
    Thank you.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummm. I love butter with these :) Happy Easter to you!

      Delete

Never miss a recipe. Subscribe for updates!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... UA-51389608-1