When you take a bite of this oreo cheesecake, you will say "Now, THAT'S oreo cheesecake!"
If you love Oreo's, you will feel like you died and went to heaven.
IngredientsGraham Cracker Crust (I bought pre-made)
1 pint or 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
2 (8oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 TBSP. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 package Oreo's, you will be using two "rows" of the cookies, crushed :)
*To crush Oreo's, put them in a blender or food processor and process them until they are crushed. This is the part where you decide if you want finely ground Oreo's or chunks, it's all up to you!*
1. Pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl and whisk until it's frothy and a little thicker than what you started out with. It only takes about 2 or 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, salt, lemon juice and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Add the heavy whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and gently mix together.
4. Gently fold the crushed Oreo's into the mixture until incorporated.
5. Pour the cheesecake/Oreo mixture into the graham cracker crust and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
What is your favorite way to eat Oreo's?
If you don't like to follow directions and would like to improvise, that's great! Let your freak flag fly. But please do not comment and say the recipe wasn't a success. The instructions and ingredients are there for a reason. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from: http://www.bakersroyale.com/cheesecake/oreo-cookies-and-cream-no-bake-cheesecake/
You may also enjoy:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars: http://misssammisunshine.blogspot.com/2012/02/peanut-butter-chocolate-bars.html
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake: http://misssammisunshine.blogspot.com/2012/07/chocolate-chip-cheesecake.html
Rango Cheese Dip: http://misssammisunshine.blogspot.com/2013/04/rango-cheese-dip.html